8th International Symposium on Stratified Flows (ISSF) Transportation
Meeting Registration (closed)
Image credit: commons.wikimedia.org
The closest airport to the Hotel Del Coronado is the San Diego International Airport. Taxi fare is approximately $30 one way to the hotel.
Hotel del Coronado has teamed up with Uber to provide safe and easy transport to your destination. To get your first Uber ride free (up to $20), sign up at or download the app and enter the promo code “hoteldel.”
To arrange for private car service, contact LaCosta Limousine at 1-888-299-5466. Approximate taxi fare each way to popular San Diego destinations: San Diego International Airport – $30; Zoo – $25, SeaWorld – $40, Downtown/Gaslamp – $25, La Jolla – $75, Legoland – $120, Safari Park – $130, Coronado Ferry Landing – $8. Click for information about the Coronado Ferry. You may also contact Del Concierge for assistance at or 1-800-HOTEL-DEL.
From San Diego International Airport/Lindbergh Field
- Exit the airport by turning left onto North Harbor Drive.
- Travel approximately 1.4 miles, and then turn left onto West Grape Street.
- Travel approximately 1/2 mile, and look for the Interstate 5 South on-ramp, accessible from the far-right lane.
- Merge onto Interstate 5 freeway, traveling south.
- Travel approximately three miles (through Downtown San Diego) until you see the California 75 – Coronado Bay Bridge exit, accessible from the far-right lane.
- Merge onto California 75 Coronado Bay Bridge. (No toll is required.)
- After driving over Coronado Bay Bridge, stay to the left on Third Street. Travel approximately 0.10 mile on Third Street, and turn left onto Orange Avenue. Follow Orange Avenue approximately two miles to the Hotel del Coronado.
- The resort main entrance is just past R. H. Dana Place to the right.
- If you are staying at Beach Village at The Del, turn right on R.H. Dana Place and the entrance is on the left.
- Overnight Guests – $37 for self-parking and $47 for valet services.
- Day Guest Self-Parking – Validated for the first 3 hours with $50 minimum purchase. Thereafter (or without minimum purchase), $30 for the first 2 hours and $10 for each additional hour (maximum $70).
Day Visitor Valet Parking – Reduced rate of $15 for the first 3 hours with $50 minimum purchase. Thereafter (or without a minimum purchase), $40 for the first 2 hours and $10 for each additional hour (maximum $80).